One of the most common questions that beginners ask vape shop (or smoke shop) owners and employees is this- Is vaping really a healthier or better alternative to tobacco smoking?
Vaporizers are slowly entering the mainstream market. Millions of people (including cigar shop owners) are now shifting to using tobacco cigarettes to using vaporizers to satisfy their usual smoking habit. Studies have already been conducted to identify the benefits of vaping.
Here are some findings from studies conducted since vaping hit the market:
- According to a 2001 study, vaping produced significantly lesser toxic chemicals when compared alongside tobacco smoking
- According to a 2006 study conducted at Leiden University, Volcano vaporizers, a predecessor of portable vaporizers, are proven less harmful to the respiratory system than those who smoke tobacco cigarettes.
- Based on a 2007 study conducted by researchers from the University of New York, Albany and University of Southern California, almost 40% of the 7,000 vape users who participated in their study are report negative physical symptoms compared to those who smoke tobacco cigarettes.
- In another 2007 study conducted at the University of California, the use of vaporizers do no actively contribute to carbon monoxide emissions, thus is considered to be more environmentally-friendly than tobacco smoking.
In addition to these studies, here are some crucial facts about tobacco smoking and it’s the contrasting features of vaporizer use.
- There are 4,000 chemicals in a single stick of traditional cigarette. Of these 4,000, 43 cause cancer, including tar, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, DDT, ammonia, and arsenic to name a few.
- On the other hand juices that are used for vaping contain less harmful chemicals, most of which do not cause serious health conditions including food-grade flavorings, propylene glycol, and glycerin to name a few.
In conclusion, we can say that vaping is generally safer alterntive to smoking traditional cigarettes. This does not mean that vaping carries no risks. It is always best to constantly update yourself with health news and updates on these two smoking alternatives to get better evaluation of your health and well being.